'Delhi will become Khalistan': 15 schools receive bomb threats in capital
Press Trust of India | February 9, 2026 | 02:41 PM IST | 2 mins read
The email also alleged that a blast would take place inside Parliament on February 13 at 1.11 pm, prompting heightened security alerts and coordination among multiple agencies.
NEW DELHI: More than a dozen schools across the national capital received bomb threat emails on Monday, prompting heavy security deployment and precautionary evacuations. Of these, eight threats were later declared hoaxes, officials said.
The threatening email carried disturbing and provocative content, claiming, "Delhi will become Khalistan. Punjab is Khalistan. In memory of Afzal Guru." The email also alleged that a blast would take place inside Parliament on February 13 at 1.11 pm, prompting heightened security alerts and coordination among multiple agencies.
According to the Delhi Fire Services (DFS), emergency calls were received from multiple educational institutions across different parts of the city during the morning hours, following which fire tenders and bomb disposal squads were rushed to the locations.
Also read India saw 93,000 schools shut down over last 10 years; MP, UP lead closures, govt tells Lok Sabha
'Bomb threats turns out to be a hoax'
"A total of 15 schools have reported receiving bomb threats so far. Fire service teams immediately reached the premises and thorough checks are underway," a DFS official said, adding that out of the total, eight have been declared a hoax.
The schools that received the threats include Loreto Convent School in Delhi Cantonment, Cambridge School in Srinivaspuri and New Friends Colony, The Indian School in Sadiq Nagar, DTEA School in INA and Lodhi Road, Venkateshwar Global School in Rohini, CM SHRI School in Rohini and Shalimar Bagh, Aadharshila Vidyapeeth in Pitampura, Modern Public School in Shalimar Bagh, Jaspal Kaur Public School, Shalimar Bagh, Manav Sthali School in New Rajendra Nagar, Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalayas in Dwarka and Bal Bharati School in Rohini, an official of the Delhi Fire Services said.
As a precautionary measure, the school premises were evacuated, and students and staff were moved to safe locations. Bomb detection and disposal squads, along with dog units, are conducting search operations at the affected schools.
Senior police officers said cyber teams have been pressed into service to trace the origin of the email, while security arrangements across sensitive locations in the capital have been reviewed. No suspicious object has been recovered so far from any of the school premises, officials said, adding that searches were continuing and further details were awaited.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Rajasthan: Govt school teacher takes own life, suicide note mentions 'mental harassment' by staff
Baddan Lal Balai, who took his own life over mental harassment by school staff was found hanging in a tin shed at a cattle enclosure about 100 meters from his hours, offiicals said.
Press Trust of India | 2 mins readFeatured News
]- Maharashtra eases university teacher recruitment norms; academic weightage cut to 60% from 75%
- UP Budget 2026-27: Vocational education funds up 88%; 14 new medical colleges; school outlay highest
- 3 yrs after UGC guidelines, 80% central universities yet to appoint professors of practice, private ones lead
- NMC approves record 20,098 new MBBS, PG medical seats, 777 after initial rejection
- 2 years into paramedical courses, students find themselves in vocational training; 300 protest in North Bengal
- Vidya Pravesh: 4.2 crore students across 8.9 lakh schools covered, but numbers now falling consistently
- Over 7 lakh Kendriya Vidyalaya students assessed via education ministry’s TARA app, 1.46 lakh on career tool
- Caste on Campus: The shape of discrimination in universities and why many back UGC equity regulations
- Across Telangana’s new government medical colleges, 26 depts empty, 31 with single teachers: Doctors’ survey
- ‘No TET’: School teachers’ jobs at risk, hundreds in Delhi to rally against mandatory eligibility tests