UP Police Constable recruitment delayed; aspirants demand 3-year age relaxation for ‘lost years’
Anu Parthiban | December 30, 2025 | 12:12 PM IST | 2 mins read
UP Police Constable Recruitment Notification: Candidates have been demanding immediate release of application forms. #UP_Constable_Vacancy trends on X.
A large section of aspirants awaiting the UP Police Constable recruitment have intensified their demand for the immediate release of the notification and age relaxation, alleging prolonged delays by the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB).
Several candidates have taken to social media platforms to flag concerns over becoming overage while waiting for the UP Constable recruitment cycle to begin, with the hashtag #UP_Constable_Vacancy crossing 52,000 posts on X.
As per the official notification, the upcoming recruitment is expected to fill multiple posts, including civil police constable, PAC constable, special security force (SSF) constable, jail warden, mounted police, PAC armed constable, and women constable.
The UP recruitment process was scheduled to begin in December 2025, with the last date for application submission likely to fall in January 2026.
Under the existing eligibility norms, candidates applying for UP Police Constable posts should have passed Class 12 and the age limit is 18 to 25 years for male candidates, while female candidates up to 28 years will be eligible to apply.
Aspirants are now demanding a three-year age relaxation, arguing that the repeated delays in recruitment have made several candidates ineligible.
The selection process will include a written test, physical efficiency test, document verification, and medical examination.
#UP_Constable_Vacancy trends
Aspirants have appealed to the Uttar Pradesh government to intervene in the matter and issue the UP Police Constable application form without further delay and reiterated their demand for age relaxation to compensate for lost years.
“It is requested to the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment Board that they kindly issue the advertisement for the Uttar Pradesh Police Constable Recruitment at the earliest; the candidates are becoming overage while waiting for the new recruitment,” a user on X said, requesting the UP government to provide 3-year age relaxation.
“The government said that the police recruitment will come in the last week of December, but it hasn't come yet, But before the recruitment comes, they have implemented the exam negative marking rule, which is very good,” Kuldeep Yadav said. “But until the recruitment comes, the candidates will be shelling peas for this negative marking,” he added.
“To make your voice reach the government with full strength, the movement is on—students, raise your voice together: Police recruitment notification be issued and Age limit relaxation be granted,” Braj Shyam Maurya said.
The UPPRPB has not yet issued the UP Police Constable notification yet.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Maharashtra eases university teacher recruitment norms; academic weightage cut to 60% from 75%
- UP Budget 2026-27: Vocational education funds up 88%; 14 new medical colleges; school outlay highest
- 3 yrs after UGC guidelines, 80% central universities yet to appoint professors of practice, private ones lead
- NMC approves record 20,098 new MBBS, PG medical seats, 777 after initial rejection
- 2 years into paramedical courses, students find themselves in vocational training; 300 protest in North Bengal
- Vidya Pravesh: 4.2 crore students across 8.9 lakh schools covered, but numbers now falling consistently
- Over 7 lakh Kendriya Vidyalaya students assessed via education ministry’s TARA app, 1.46 lakh on career tool
- Caste on Campus: The shape of discrimination in universities and why many back UGC equity regulations
- Across Telangana’s new government medical colleges, 26 depts empty, 31 with single teachers: Doctors’ survey
- ‘No TET’: School teachers’ jobs at risk, hundreds in Delhi to rally against mandatory eligibility tests